Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Plantain and Jesus are Equals.

I love plantains! They are so exciting! So banana-like but not, so yam-like but not, so chewy, so warm, so phallus shaped, so good! The plantain is a breed of food so special it should only be reserved to satisfy the salivary glands of the Apostles and a few fine food aficionado's, myself foremost included.





I ate at Cafe Havana (VERO-fied restaurant) in SoHo today and my love of plantain's was immediately renewed. All of Whitman's sappiest poetry must've been written while he was in the middle of devouring a perfectly cooked, sweet plantain (with just a bit of Sea Salt) in his pensive state. What I'm trying to say is, if your girlfriend/boyfriend is like me, you cook 'em a fucking plantain and they'll probably be your love slave for the night .





4 comments:

  1. "A Plantain has earth, water, fire, wind, emptiness, also mind, consciousness and wisdon as its roots, stems, branches and leaves. or as its flowers, fruits, colors and forms. Accordingly the Plantain wears the autumn wind and is torn in the autumn wind. We know that it is pure and clear and that not a single particle is excluded." - Eihei Dogen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eihei Dogen knows what the hell he's talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would cook you fucking plantains everynite if that were the case....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm I have a similar feeling about regular Doritos , but I've yet to cook them. I will say plantain chips go super hard with a Cuban Sandwich and a Malta. I am hungry now, and I only came to ask if you used a Mac or PC for your vlogs. I'm going to a Cuban restaurant now. Leaving the building. CIAO

    ReplyDelete